Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pressure Cooker Chicken Stew-ish

 Another dish in my "Seat-of-my-Pants" cooking repertoire!  Not exactly stew, I suppose - not with the whole chicken legs.  Still, it's really fast and really tasty!  I end up cooking a lot of chicken this way.  DH can't eat pork or beef in any form except ground, and won't eat seafood except shrimp, so we're pretty much stuck with chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs.  I have perforce become adept at cooking chicken in many different ways.  I'm sure the nuances are completely lost on DH, as he tends to slather barbecue sauce on all his chicken no matter what I've done with it - but at least I don't have to get tired of chicken!

 


  • 4 red potatoes, skin on, chopped roughly into eighths
  • 2 largish carrots, peeled, sliced or chopped, whichever you prefer
  • 2 stalks of celery, sliced into roughly 1/4" slices
  • 1 large onion, sliced or chopped however you like it
  • 4 chicken leg quarters
  • 1/3c white wine
  • 1/3c stock or broth (chicken or veg)
  • 1T salt
  • 1/2t fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2t Bell's Poultry Seasoning
  • 3T chopped fresh parsley

Adding vegetables to pressure cooker as you chop, saute on very low heat for about 10 min while prepping chicken.  Dredge chicken in flour and brown in a separate pan, two legs at a time.  Place chicken on top of vegetables.  Sprinkle with poultry seasoning, add broth, salt and pepper.  Seal the pressure cooker and bring to pressure (about 7min).  Cook at pressure for 10 min, turn off heat and let rest for another 10 min.  Release pressure, sprinkle with parsley, and serve with a slice of  really good bread!


6 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing and looks incredibly easy to make!! I don't have a go-to "seat-of-my-pants" recipe, but I like to keep a Rotisery Chicken on hand from the grocery store because the chicken stays so moist and it's ready in literally just minutes!

    Happy Saturday SITS Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from SITS!!! The chicken looks wonderfu, Will have to try it. Always looking for easy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SITS, and so glad I did! This looks delish! I am adding this recipe to my recipe collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really yummy. Can't wait to try it!

    Just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chicken sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails