Thursday, November 18, 2010

Back at the Bench

The garden has been (mostly) put to bed.  I admit I have been lazy about getting it ready for next year, and I know I'll pay for it in the spring :(  I had plans to try and rearrange the fencing so I could fit in a couple more beds before the weather got too cold, but it never happened.  Those three weeks my daughter was home in between the end of ESY and the beginning of her new school year just sucked all the motivation right out of me.  I know it's kind of backwards - one would think after three weeks of being prevented from doing what I wanted in the garden that I'd want to make up for it as soon as she was gone during the day, but no - I didn't have the motivation to do much besides sit around and read.

 
I'm feeling much better now, though, and have been back to making new jewelry.  I've listed some new work at the DaisyCat Jewelry shop on Etsy, and I hope to take more photos on Monday and have the rest of my new work up before Black Friday.  This is the one time of year I go out of my way to remind everyone I know "Hey, you know someone who makes jewelry for a living - and this is the one time of year you can justify spending money on jewelry, even if it's for someone else!  Buy presents!"

So this is what I've been up to:

Work-in-Progress - Sterling Pendant with Rutilated Quartz and Rhodolite Garnet
This pendant is almost done.  I love rutilated quartz, and work with it as often as I can.  The stones are now set, and it's been polished.  I'm going to add some dangle to the link at the bottom, but I'm not sure exactly what yet.  I'll post another pic when it's finished.


Here are some new earring designs that I made earlier this year that I finally got around to taking photos of and listing:
Almandine garnet and Sterling post earrings

Handmade chain and Amethyst earrings
And another new pendant:

Sterling pendant with Carnelian and Citrine
 Hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxed (?) holiday next week!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I've been a pretty lazy gardener too, honestly I need a break to do some things I really enjoy like knitting and learning to use my sewing machine. I am not much of a jewelry person for myself, but your things are beautiful, especially like the round earring design with the garnet, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! What will really regret come spring is not pulling all the dead plants before I had DS pile all our leaves in the enclosure :( It's just going to be a big PITA in the spring when I have to do something else (clear things out) before I can plant.

    Oddly enough, I'm not much of a jewelry person either! I love to make it, but it just never occurs to me to wear it! Probably because I don't have a job where I have to look nice. If I did I might think about it more. Glad you liked the garnets - I like those too. Nice and simple!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails